Tuesday 6 March 2007

The Conversation Last Week

What a week it's been. Thursday morning began like any other, a cheerless, drizzly day, the kind we've been having so much of lately.
All week I'd been feeling really fidgety inside, like something inside me was choking me... a simmering resentment that threatened to explode all over my boyfriend, which it eventually did on Thursday afternoon, when at 1pm, on the dot, like he does every single day, he called to have the discussion we have, everyday... the "what do you want for dinner" discussion followed by ten minutes of silence while we drag the whole sorry ritual out.
Something snapped this Thursday though, and before I knew it, I was leaking my unhappiness, like a faulty tap, all down the phone line.
Thursday night was incredibly horrible, the kind of evening I never want to have ever again. I spent most of it packing my belongings in boxes, bin bags, gym bags, suitcases... all of which I ended up unpacking the following weekend after an emotional night of discussions and promises I'm sure neither of us can keep.
I've had to take a long hard look at myself, to face up to the not-so-attractive parts of my character, the side that no one, not even my best friend, sees.

No comments: